Training: Contract & Commercial
Effective Contract and Commercial Training unlocks potential.
Developing your people minimises risk and improves results, promoting high performance on specific projects and across your organisation.
High quality focused training means better company performance.
We offer training at various levels:
- Master Class
- Executive Briefing
- One-to-one coaching for senior managers and executives
Training can be delivered in-house or at open seminars through the RICS, Thomas Telford or CIPFA (see our Events page for upcoming open training seminars).
Be prepared to meet industry challenges
Our industry leading training (developed by construction professionals, for construction professionals), ensures that your team is:
- Up to speed with new initiatives
- Fully aware of the latest regulations, contractual obligations/procedures and commercial processes
- Equipped with powerful teamwork techniques
Stimulating, thought provoking and practical training
At Stradia we have created information packed training sessions that are practical, enjoyable and generate thought provoking discussion. Delegates can apply their learning immediately to their own projects.
Our trainers have decades of hands-on and consultancy experience enabling them to bring industry challenges and their solutions to life.
- Provide up to date, relevant and practical information
- Encourage focused discussion between delegates to stimulate ideas and sharing of challenges/experiences
- Share real life case studies and examples to illustrate learning points in practice
- Create group working sessions that engage delegates in applying new information to real life scenarios
- Respond to challenging questions from delegates with practical examples, so that delegates are confident to implement new knowledge on their own projects
Our specialist training courses
- Public Sector Partnering Contract (PSPC)
Learn how to minimise risk; avoid pitfalls; understand your contractual rights and obligations; ensure cost is managed and valued correctly; get the best out of contractual relationships.
- Learn how to get the best out of open book arrangements; avoid pitfalls; establish and administer straightforward cost-efficient arrangements; deliver efficiency savings
- Accredited Target Cost & Open Book course also available (delivered by Nigel Barr through CIPFA)
- Learn how to optimise your procurement process and ensure that all current regulations are addressed
- Learn how to manage project risk effectively (project based)
- Learn how to drive out unnecessary cost, whilst retaining quality and value (project based)
- Project teams
- Framework teams
- Companies that want to train their internal teams or invite guests to a joint training event
Each course is designed to meet your specific needs following discussion with you.
These events allow us to spend time on particular matters pertinent to the team and/or to focus on matters connected to a specific project.
- RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
- Thomas Telford
- CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy)
See our Events page for upcoming training seminars.
JCT Design & Build Contract 2016 – Practical Training
Just a quick note to say how pleased we were with the way you delivered the training yesterday – many thanks for coming all the way to Cornwall to see us.
Fantastic course – really pleased it worked so well and great to have the course in-house, which made it more relevant as we were able to discuss and relate it to our own issues.
I would like to thank you again for delivering the Risk Management workshop on Tuesday. I always imagined risk to be an area which requires a large team of analysts working around the clock pulling out their hair, but your workshop has broken down that daunting thought and showed it can be implemented easily into projects.
It was a very beneficial session and has provided me with a comprehensive insight into tackling risk. Your workshop was well structured, practical and informative, enabling me to absorb the information and apply it to the dummy project.
Nigel was excellent, by far the best trainer I’ve experienced! Well paced and very understanding.
Partnering Conference, Copenhagen
Nigel, thank you so much for your performance last week. You did a great job, and several people specifically noted your part as the highlight of the conference.
I would very much enjoy to learn even more on the topic.